Celebrating Curves

by - 11:06

Untitled

I actually took these photos way back in December when I attended a Medical Congress in Bucharest, but I didn't want to post them because I've lost 6 pounds since then. Going through my phone today, it hit me that I was being unfair. I remembered that the day I took them I was radiating with confidence and loving my body! I don't know if there's anyone on this planet who doesn't have insecurities when it comes to their body. Yet, some people always seem so happy with their look! I realized as I grew up it's all about how we choose to handle these issues.

I was way skinnier in high school, yet I never truly accepted my shape. I have a "pear" body type and I dreaded shopping for jeans and during summer I would wear a lot of long dresses. Some health issues came up and I gained weight, hence more frustration followed. And you know what happened after a couple of months of hopeless dieting? I started to LOVE MYSELF. I would read about this all the time, but I didn't truly understand the concept until I was facing this big challenge in my life. I focused on my treatment and loved my body in its new shape! I think that in order to do that, there has to be a trigger. Mine might sound simple, but it had a huge impact on my life. It was just about the time Kim Kardashian West was stepping up  after giving birth to North and she had a whole style change going on! I liked how she was rocking those fitted jeans, the bodycon dresses, those long tight dresses, so why wouldn't I wear them as well? Nowadays, you find tight, lace skirts in my closet, four bodycon dresses and I own more pairs of jeans. The second best thing for me was listening to rap music- I mean, you have to know what Drake celebrates in his songs most haha. Sooner of later, you have to find something in your life that inspires you into this direction. I believe that we're living exciting times, because the media is slowly starting to support this movement (some fashion houses, like Yeezy, who didn't cast only size 0 & Ashley Graham walked in Michael Kors in February).

This is a really personal post, but I feel like I had to share my thoughts because some of you might be going through the same thing. We're not flawless, but I happen to think our imperfections make us beautiful and unique. Celebrate your body no matter what, because at the end of the day, you are as happy as you choose to be!


ZARA dress, ZARA boots, ZARA bag, Pandora bracelet, Accessorize necklace, JORD watch

Special thamks to my best friend S. for taking the photos x

IMG_5157
IMG_4950
IMG_5136
IMG_4874
IMG_5152
IMG_4960
IMG_4854
IMG_5149
IMG_4939
IMG_5161
IMG_4932
IMG_4913
IMG_5156

You May Also Like

2 comentarii

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time! Those photos look amazing x You will like to see more fun from here.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥